Dr Yusuke Kinoshita
Yusuke Kinoshita was born in Japan, in 1985. He obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees at Ritsumeikan University. Then he carried out a PhD at Ritsumeikan University under the supervision of Prof. Hitoshi Tamiaki from 2012-2014. Subsequently he worked as a postdoctoral fellow in Ritsumeikan University. He is currently working as an assistant professor in Ritsumeikan University. He focuses on synthesis and optical properties of chlorophyll derivatives. In September 2019, he joined the group of Prof. Jonathan R. Nitschke at the University of Cambridge as a visiting researcher supported by Ritsumeikan University.
1. K. Ohashi, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis of chalcone-type chlorophyll derivatives possessing a bacteriochlorin, chlorin or porphyrin π-system and their optical properties," Photochem. Photobiol., 95, 755–761 (2019).
2. Y. Kashiyama, A. Yokoyama, T. Shiratori, S. Hess, F. Not, C. Bachy, A. Gutierrez-Rodriguez, J. Kawahara, T. Suzaki, M. Nakazawa, T. Ishikawa, M. Maruyama, M. Wang, M. Chen, Y. Gong, K. Seto, M. Kagami, Y. Hamamoto, D. Honda, T. Umetani, A. Shihongi, M. Kayama, T. Matsuda, J. Taira, A. Yabuki, M. Tsuchiya, Y. Hirakawa, A. Kawaguchi, M. Nomura, A. Nakamura, N. Namba, M. Matsumoto, T. Tanaka, T. Yoshino, R. Higuchi, A. Yamamoto, T. Maruyama, A. Yamaguchi, A. Uzuka, S. Miyagishima, G. Tanifuji, M. Kawachi, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Taming chlorophylls by early eukaryotes underpinned algal interactions and the diversification of the eukaryotes on the oxygenated Earth," ISME J., 13, 1899–1910 (2019).
3. Y. Kinoshita, J. Harada, T. Mizoguchi, H. Tamiaki, "Isolation and optical properties of epimerically pure bacteriochlorophyll-fhomologs," Dyes Pigm., 164, 267–271 (2019).
4. C. Ota, K. Sugihara, Y. Kinoshita, Y. Kashiyama, Y. Nagasawa, H. Tamiaki, "Ultrafast excited state dynamics of nonfluorescent cyclopheophorbide-aenol, catabolite of chlorophyll-adetoxified in algae-feeding aquatic microbes," Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 18, 64–70 (2019).
5. H. Tamiakia, N. Hagioa, S. Tsuzukia, Y. Cuia, T. Zoutaa, X. Wang, Y. Kinoshita, "Synthesis of carboxylated chlorophyll derivatives and their activities in dye-sensitized solar cells," Tetrahedron,74, 4078–4085 (2018).
6. K. Miyata, S. Yasuda, T. Masuya, S. Ito, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, T. Oba, "Facile iodination of the vinyl groups in protoporphyrin IX dimethyl ester and subsequent transformation of the iodinated moieties," Tetrahedron, 74, 3707–3711 (2018).
7. K. Ohashi, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis of chlorophyll-aderivatives possessing the 3-(2-acylethenyl) group by cross-aldol condensation and their optical properties," Tetrahedron, 74, 2703–2715 (2018).
8. Y. Kinoshita, M. Kayama, Y. Kashiyama, H. Tamiaki, "In vivoand in vitropreparation of divinyl-132,173-cyclopheophorbide-aenol," Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 28, 1090–1092 (2018).
9. J. Harada, Y. Shibata, M. Teramura, T. Mizoguchi, Y. Kinoshita, K. Yamamoto, H. Tamiaki, "In vivoexcited energy transfer of bacteriochlorophyll c, d, e, or fto bacteriochlorophyll ain the wild-type and mutant cells of the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobaculum limnaeum," ChemPhotoChem, 2, 190–195 (2018).
10. T. Mizoguchi, Y. Kinoshita, J. Harada, S. Ogasawara, H. Tamiaki, "Light-dependent accumulation of new bacteriochlorophyll-ebearing a vinyl group at the 8-position in the green sulfur bacterium Chlorobaculum limnaeum," J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 358, 356–361 (2018).
11. K. Kim, K. Tsuji, Y. Kinoshita, T. Miyatake, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis of monovinyl- and divinyl-chlorophyll analogs and their physical properties," Tetrahedron, 73, 313–321 (2017).
12. T. Mizoguchi, Y. Kinoshita, J. Harada, H. Tamiaki, "Supramolecular organogelation of bacteriochlorophyll-cpossessing an isobutyl substituent at the 8-position in carbon tetrachloride," ChemPlusChem, 82, 595–597 (2017).
13. Y. Kinoshita, Y. Kitagawa, H. Tamiaki, "Enhancement of light absorption ability of synthetic chlorophyll derivatives by conjugation with difluoroboron diketonate group," Chem. Eur. J., 22, 9996–10001 (2016). [Inside cover of issue number 29]
14. M. Xu, Y. Kinoshita, S. Matsubara, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis of chlorophyll-cderivatives by modifying natural chlorophyll-a," Photosynth. Res., 127, 335–345 (2016).
15. Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis and self-aggregation of chlorophyll derivatives possessing a pyrazole ring at the C3 position," J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 313, 27–35 (2015).
16. M. Xu, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis of chlorophyll-fanalogs possessing the 2-formyl group by modifying chlorophyll-a," Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 24, 3997‒4000 (2014).
17. Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, "Regioselective addition of amines to the trifluoromethyl-β-diketonate moiety of a chlorophyll derivative." J. Porphyrins Phthalocyanines, 18, 471‒474 (2014).
18. H. Tamiaki, S. Matsunaga, Y. Taira, A. Wada, Y. Kinoshita, M. Kunieda, "Synthesis of zinc 20-substituted bacteriochlorophyll-danalogs and their self-aggregation," Tetrahedron Lett., 55, 3351‒3354 (2014).
19. H. Tamiaki, M. Ohata, Y. Kinoshita, S. Machida, "Synthesis of 32-nitro-chlorophyll-aderivatives and their electronic absorption/emission data," Tetrahedron, 70, 1629‒1634 (2014).
20. H. Tamiaki, S. Koizumi, K. Tsuji, Y. Kinoshita, T. Miyatake, "Synthesis of chlorophyll-aderivatives possessing (un)substituted 131-exo-methylene moiety and their optical properties," Tetrahedron Lett., 55, 1093‒1096 (2014).
21. Y. Kinoshita, Y. Yamamoto, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis, structure, and optical and redox properties of chlorophyll derivatives directly coordinating ruthenium bispyridine at the peripheral b-diketonate moiety," Inorg. Chem., 52, 9275‒9283 (2013).
22. H. Tamiaki, N. Ariki, H. Sugiyama, Y. Taira, Y. Kinoshita, T. Miyatake, "Synthesis of 3,20-disubstituted chlorophyll-aderivatives and reactivity of the substituents," Tetrahedron, 69, 8412‒8421 (2013).
23. Y. Kashiyama, A. Yokoyama, T. Shiratori, I. Inouye, Y. Kinoshita, T. Mizoguchi, H. Tamiaki, "132,173-Cyclopheophorbidebenol as a catabolite of chlorophyll bin phycophagy by protists," FEBS Lett., 587, 2578‒2583 (2013).
24. H. Tamiaki, R. Monobe, S. Koizumi, T. Miyatake, Y. Kinoshita, "Stereoselective reduction, methylation, and phenylation of the 13-carbonyl group in chlorophyll derivatives," Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 24, 677‒682/967‒972 (2013).
25. H. Tamiaki, K. Azuma, Y. Kinoshita, R. Monobe, T. Miyatake, S. Sasaki, "Chemosensitive chlorophyll derivatives: optical detection of various amines by synthetic 3-trifluoroacetyl-131-deoxo-pyropheophorbides in solution," Tetrahedron, 69, 1987–1993 (2013).
26. Y. Kinoshita, M. Kunieda, Y. Mikata, H. Tamiaki, "Synthesis, crystal structure and electronic absorption of chlorophyll derivatives possessing a β-diketonate moiety at the C3 position," Tetrahedron Lett., 54, 1243−1246 (2013).
27. H. Tamiaki, M. Xu, Y. Kinoshita, "Synthesis of oxo-, thioxo- and methylene-substituted bacteriochlorins by modifying chlorophyll-aand their electronic absorption in visible and near-infrared regions," J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 252, 60–68 (2013).
28. H. Tamiaki, N. Kosaka, Y. Kinoshita, "Metallation of a cyclic chlorophyll hetero-dyad and optical properties of synthetic metallo-dyads," Res. Chem. Int., 39, 221–232 (2013).
29. Y. Kashiyama, A. Yokoyama, Y. Kinoshita, S. Shoji, H. Miyashita, T. Shiratori, H. Suga, K. Ishikawa, I. Inouye, K. Ishida, D. Fujinuma, K. Aoki, M. Kobayashi, S. Nomoto, T. Mizoguchi, H. Tamiaki, "Ubiquity and quantitative significance of chlorophyll detoxification catabolism associated with protistan herbivory in aqueous ecosystems," Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA, 109, 17328–17335 (2012). [Feature Article, Front cover]
30. A. Jesorka, A. R. Holzwarth, A. Eichhöfer, C. M. Reddy, Y. Kinoshita, H. Tamiaki, M. Katterle, J.-V. Naubron, T. S. Balaban, "Water coordinated zinc dioxo-chlorin and porphyrin self-assemblies as chlorosomal mimics: Variability of the supramolecular interactions," Photochem. Photobiol. Sci., 11, 1069–1080 (2012).