Dr Kai Wu
Kai Wu was born in Henan, China in 1991. He obtained his B.S. degree in Chemistry in 2009 from the National Scientific Base for Talented Persons at Lanzhou University under the supervision of Prof. Wei Wang. In 2013, he started his doctoral research focusing on the assembly and properties of heterometallic octahedral MOCs in Prof. Cheng-Yong Su's group at Sun Yat-Sen University. After obtaining his PhD degree, he joined Prof. Guido Clever's lab at TU Dortmund from October 2018 working on heteroleptic and multifunctional cages. From July 2021, he began to work in the group of Prof. Jonathan Nitschke as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Cambridge. In his free time, he enjoys badminton, billiards and good movies.
Selective publication list:
7. K. Wu, B. Zhang, C. Drechsler, J. J. Holstein, G. H. Clever*, Backbone‐Bridging Promotes Diversity in Heteroleptic Cages, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 6403-6407.
6. K. Wu#, K. Li#, S. Chen, Y.-J. Hou, Y.-L. Lu, J.-S. Wang, M.-J. Wei, M. Pan, C.-Y. Su*, The Redox Coupling Effect in a Photocatalytic Ru(II)-Pd(II) Cage with TTF Guest as Electron Relay Mediator for Visible-Light Hydrogen-Evolving Promotion, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 2639-2643. (VIP paper, Inside back cover, Highlighted on X-mol.com, Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica)
5. K. Wu, Y.-J. Hou, Y.-L. Lu, Y.-Z. Fan, Y.-N. Fan, H.-J. Yu, K. Li, M. Pan*, C.-Y. Su, Redox-Guest-Induced Multimode Photoluminescence Switch for Sequential Logic Gates in a Photoactive Coordination Cage, Chem. Eur. J. 2019, 25, 11903-11909.
4. K. Wu#, K. Li#, Y.-J. Hou, M. Pan*, L.-Y. Zhang, L. Chen, C.-Y. Su*, Homochiral D4-symmetric Metal-organic Cages from Stereogenic Ru(II) Metalloligands for Effective Enantioseparation of Atropisomeric Molecules. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 10487. (Citation 129, # co-first authors)
3. M. Pan, K. Wu, J.-H. Zhang, C.-Y. Su*, Chiral Metal–organic cages/containers (MOCs): From Structural and Stereochemical Design to Applications, Coord. Chem. Rev. 2019, 378, 333-349. (Listed as “High-cited papers” in Web of Science)
2. Y.-J. Hou, K. Wu, Z.-W. Wei, K. Li, Y.-L. Lu, C.-Y. Zhu, J.-S. Wang, M. Pan, J.-J. Jiang, G.-Q. Li, C.-Y. Su*, Design and Enantioresolution of Homochiral Fe(II)–Pd(II) Coordination Cages from Stereolabile Metalloligands: Stereochemical Stability and Enantioselective Separation, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 18183-18191.
1. J.-S. Wang, K. Wu, C. Yin, K. Li, Y. Huang, J. Ruan, X. Feng, P. Hu*, C.-Y. Su*, Cage-confined Photocatalysis for Wide-scope Unusually Selective [2+2] Cycloaddition through Visible-light Triplet Sensitization, Nat. Commun. 2020, 11, 4675.