Hae-Geun Jeon was born in Daegu, Korea in 1989. In 2013, he obtained his bachelor's degree from Yonsei University and started his doctoral degree under the supervision of Prof. Jeong at the same university. In July 2020, he earned his Ph.D. with a dissertation entitled "Synthesis and Characterization of Helical Aromatic Foldamers Based on Indolocarbazole and Carbazole". In October 2020, he took up a Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (Nurturing Next-generation Researchers) in 2020 granted by National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) and joined Prof. Jonathan Nitshcke's group at the University of Cambridge.
12. S. B. Seo, S. Lee, H.-G. Jeon, K.-S. Jeong, “Dramatic Enhancement of Binding Affinities Between Foldamer-Based Receptors and Anions by Intra-Receptor π-Stacking” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 10441–10445.
11. C. Lee, H. Lee, S. Lee, H.-G. Jeon, K.-S. Jeong, “Encapsulation of dihydrogenphosphate ions as a cyclic dimer to the cavities of site-specifically modified indolocarbazole-pyridine foldamers” Org. Chem. Front. 2019, 6, 299–303.
10. H.-G. Jeon, H. K. Lee, S. Lee, K.-S. Jeong, “Foldamer-based helicate displaying reversible switching between two distinct conformers” Chem Commun. 2018, 54, 5740–5743.
9. J. Y. Hwang†, H.-G. Jeon†, Y. R. Choi, J. Kim, P. Kang, S. Lee, K.-S. Jeong, Aromatic Hybrid Foldamer with a Hydrophilic Helical Cavity Capable of Encapsulating Glucose. Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 5625–5628. († equally contributed)
8. J. Kim, H.-G. Jeon, P. Kang, K.-S. Jeong, Stereospecific control of the helical orientation of indolocarbazole-pyridine hybrid foldamers by rational modification of terminal chiral appendages. Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 6508–6511.
7. H.-G. Jeon†, H. B. Jang†, P. Kang, Y. R. Choi, J. Kim, J. H. Lee, M.-G. Choi, K.-S. Jeong, Helical Aromatic Foldamers Functioning as a Fluorescence Turn-on Probe for Anions. Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 4404–4407.
6. J. S. Kim, H.-G. Jeon, K.-S. Jeong, Modulation of helix stability of indolocarbazole-pyridine hybrid foldamers. Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 3406–3409.
5. H.-G. Jeon†, J. Y. Jung†, P. Kang†, M.-G. Choi, K.-S. Jeong, Folding-Generated Molecular Tubes Containing One-Dimensional Water Chains. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 92–95.
4. H. J. Lee, H.-G. Jeon, K.-S, Jeong, Anion-induced switching of the helical orientation of a chiral indolocarbazole dimer. Supramol. Chem. 2015, 378–385.
3. Y. R. Choi, G. C. Kim, H.-G. Jeon, J. Park, W. Namkung, K.-S. Jeong, Azobenzene-based chloride transporters with light-controllable activities. Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 15305–15308.
2. H.-G. Jeon, M. J. Kim, K.-S. Jeong, An indolocarbazole dimer as a new stereodynamic probe for chiral 1,2-diamines. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 5464–5468.
1. M. J. Kim, Y. R. Choi, H.-G. Jeon, P. Kang, M.-G. Choi, K.-S. Jeong, A Helically Twisted Imine-Macrocycle that Allows for Determining the Absolute Configuration of α-Amino Carboxylates. Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 11412–11414.